Saturday, September 4, 2010

Beautiful Weekend

.. and it's not even over! Tonight there is a Fathers Day Feast a'la Natalie's familia, (does that make sense?), to come. The two roasts don't interest me, obviously, but the huge amount of antipasto & giant apple pie at the end could be pleasant. A bit of Semillon, (my favourite), and some Rose from the family vineyard, (have I told you about that?), and I am set!

Anyway, the weekend started well with my ZOAEX items being on my bed waiting for me when I got home. They were individually packed in brightly coloured packets with bright stickers to conceal - very Spring of you ZOAEX.






Very, very happy with the items. Both fit great, very cute, very soft 100% cotton. Definitely worth the $18 a piece. Not sure about $120 or whatever they claimed to be pre-sale, but I'd put it at the same quality as my American Apparel tees. In fact, the white one is closer to Bassike, which I was super impressed with. Highly recommend.

Do you think I'd get away with this on a super hot summer's day as a dress?





I'm thinking maybe at the beach.


I spent Friday night with M, talking way too much about things he wasn't particularly interested in by the sounds of it. Saturday morning we woke up to cold, wind & rain. We were out of the house by 10am, (impressed?), and off to search for a kettle. We bought a Russell Hobbs electric one.



The lovers who hide under our pergola whenever it rains.

M's Mum's birthday was last week and I didn't get to see her, so I decided it was appropriate to do some baking as a gift, especially as the weather was particularly bake-friendly.



Choc-chip biscuits and oat slice, both from an old Women's Weekly cook book of Mum's. Very yummy.


Before we headed out to M's parents house to have coffee and eat the above, we fashioned some bruschetta out of groceries we picked up along side the butter, choc chips and eggs.





The two on the left are mine. Traditional tomato, basil, bocconcini and fresh olive oil after garlic-rubbing the bread for me.




A happy drowned rat with her bruschetta.

Saturday night was a quiet one for me. M went home for work-related exam study. I did a face mask, (to review soon), and read magazines in bed. I made a tofu & eggplant stir fry and learnt to never use silken tofu in stir fry again, but it tasted amazing anyway. I generally acted like a princess all alone and I loved it.




This month's Vogue cover shot scares me. She does not look good, to me, at all.


This morning I took Dad out for breakfast for Fathers Day, and then went for a walk to work off the deliciousness that was fresh fruit, toasted muesli, yoghurt & raisin toast. We saw a duck with way too many ducklings. Dad decided she was running the lake's child care centre.



After cleaning my room & finally finding my group certificate so I could lodge my tax return, (first time I've ever done it), I went down to the local with my grandparents and sat and had a beer with Nonnoo, (grandfather), while Nonna played the pokies. It was really

I had a beautiful weekend.
How was yours?
What did you do for Dad?

2 weeks until my birthday...
Nat x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers