Sunday, August 15, 2010

Work Wardrobe

It's nearing Spring, and I am noting more and more the lack of warm-weather work attire I have. Jumpers, knitted dresses and trousers are plentiful, as are pencil skirts, but who wants to be stick in a pencil skirt on a 35 degree day? Yes, I realise I'm probably not going to see 35 degrees on my morning weather show any time soon, but a girl's got to plan.

So, in light of saving for a house and buying 1400 items for future house, I've decided to start trying to do the work clothes thing on a budget.

Yesterday, M and I visited DFO. It was actually M's idea, he needed to visit Aquila, but would I protest to DFO? You know the answer to that.

Ojay was the first port of call, but I wasn't impressed. Then, Saba. I always find something in Saba. I got a beautiful button-through white shirt. It was $65 down from $110. This is budget, yes? Excellent quality reduced in price must equate to budget.




This
Barkins Top was the next purchase, (in white). I'll have to wear a singlet underneath because it's see through, but that's OK. Barkins is a great brand for budget work wear. This was only $35.


To be honest, that's all I bought for the day. But it's got me on the hunt for more budget work wear.







Yes, no pants there. Cheaper pants do not fit me properly!
A girl I work with wears a lot of clothes from Valleygirl to work and she always looks great.

Girls in offices everywhere - where do you shop for your work clothes?

Happy Monday!
Nat x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers