Friday, October 1, 2010

My Essentials

Directly stolen from Sarah Wilson, because I'm going through a Sarah Wilson Obsession phase.

1. What I wear: Baggy long sleeve cotton tops. One is pink, one is grey, and they were on special at Bardot about 2 years ago. I bought them because I thought they'd help protect from the sun in Summer, but I wear them everywhere from tucked into trousers for work, to layered over tight cotton tops in winter, to over a bikini top and denim cut offs in Summer. I'm actually kind of scared of them wearing out or getting stained because I rely on them so much.




2.
What I eat
: Muesli. I am obsessed with muesli. Breakfast, lunch substitute, after work snack, dessert - all the time. I make my own and usually use oats, bran, sultanas, almonds and dried apple as a staple. At the moment I have no apple and have added shredded coconut and dried apricot. I also have a Macro Whole Foods one I got at Thomas Dux, (you can also get it in Safeway), that has sesame seeds in it and works really well with everything.

3. How I hydrate: Water. I actually had a blood test result come back once indicating I drink too much of it and the Doctor told me to slow down. Usually by 10am I've drunk a litre, and up to 4 through out the day, (usually it's this high in Summer). I love how refreshing water is and I drink a glass before and after every meal. I can't get enough.

4. My favourite thing to do when I’m a bit flat: Be in the sunshine is the number 1 thing. I think because I spent so long unwell out of the sun, I appreciate it so much more. If I'm feeling drained at work I even step outside for 30 seconds and stand int he sun, (when it's around), to pep back up. I also love grocery shopping and cooking.

5. My other favourite thing to do when I’m a bit flat: See my chiropractor or go to my hairdresser to get my hair washed.

6. My favourite smell: Rosewater. I have a perfume that smells just like it from Le Desire, and I spray my pillow with it if I can't sleep. I find it extremely calming and I've no idea why.

7. My essential online aid: Plain old Gmail. I don't know how I'd keep in touch with anyone or up to date with anything without it.

8. What I do for fun: Walk in the sunshine, have coffee with a friend, wander around shops alone (I love to be alone) and cook up healthy invented recipes.

9. How I feel better: Eating really healthy and balanced. A really clean diet for two days in a row makes my body function better and feel amazing, as well as clears my mind. I just ate too many choc chip cookies in celebration of having worked 6 months, (yay!), and I know it's OK because I have to weekend to clean my body.

10. What nourishes me: The beach. Anywhere near the beach and everything in me is calm.

11. What also nourishes me: Hugs. So under rated.

12. My guilty pleasure: There are 3 big ones; peanut butter is the winner, (Coles brand crunchy), followed by glasses of wine (rose and semillon at the moment), followed by magazine reading (I am a junkie).

13. My favourite feelings: Sun on my skin, being genuinely sleepy and somewhat strangely, being really hungry. I love the feeling of hunger.

What are your essentials?

I really, really love Fridays since I started working.

Happy 6 month work anniversary to me!
Nat x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers